3/20/09

About Daisy

Dave got up this morning and couldn't find Daisy. He eventually found her, belly up in one of the plants. He was on his way to flush her when J got up. So, Dave got to explain that Daisy had passed away, and J watched her get flushed. Now, J is pretty sensitive to things, so I didn't know how he'd handle it, but when I got upstairs it was all a matter of fact...

"Mommy, Daisy passed away from Stanley, and we had to flush it down the toilet."

I said, "sometimes that happens to pets. Should we maybe get another fish another day?"

"Yep! I want to get another Daisy. And I want another friend for them, too. An Amburger, and a french fry too!" (Amburger is what he calls a girl from church named Amber.)

So, I think we'll be making a trip to Walmart tomorrow or Sunday... :)

Stanley is doing well. He's getting lots and lots of attention. The kids have shown him their toys, sang "Jesus Loves Me" to him, and let them know what they will be doing if they are leaving the room... "Hey little fishy, we are just going downstairs. You can play for awhile, or eat your food. See you later!"

No comments: