This next one I used the in camera flash, and didn't like the reflection I got. Any tips for that? My slr is only a month old, so maybe I'm just missing something simple. Other than cropping, resizing, and lowering the sat. I didn't pp. (ss 1/20 f4.5 iso200)
And the last two... inspired by Margaret! I only had 5 minutes because my little lady was hungry, and I thought I knew how to set a custom white balance, but I got outside and it didn't work. So, the snow was a yucky color and I had to fix what I could... But I've read the manual again and tomorrow I can play some more with white balance and push the right buttons! :) Someday I may start getting a few things right! Thanks for any help you might have!
11 comments:
Don't worry! You have only had your camera for a month and their really does take someone a while to get to "know" their camera. I wish I could help you with the flash...I really hate all of my pictures when I use one. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give you some help.
Its just really hard to use flash all around. Have you ever heard of a light diffuser? It goes on the flash to diffuse the harsh light. T.
Just keep practicing and you will get the hang of it! These photos are so cute! I wish I was into photography when my kids were younger.
Cari
Cute little girl. I miss dd playing in the crib. I too like the softer look of the lowered sat.
Snow is pretty difficult to shoot so you're not alone in your frusturation. I generally have to do a CWB on snow or else it ends up blue too. I also overexpose by +1 so it's brighter. Even though you may not be thrilled with your results on the crib shots, just think of the memories they provide you and then the technical won't plague you as bad. Do you have an external flash? If not...try putting a piece of white gift tissue over it to diffuse a bit of the harshness.
Cute shots of the baby in the crib! You could try bouncing the flash so you don't get such harsh lighting. A diffuser would help, too. I have a Lightsphere and love it!
It makes me feel good that my shots inspired you! I still struggle with the snow color! Love that sign!
Keep practicing. You will be amazed at where you are a month, six months, and a year from now. It takes time to get to know your camera, and you will learn so much from all the talented 2Peas people.
I think you're doing the right thing by reading your manual and keep trying and working with your shots. You've only had your camera for a month and it takes time to get to know it. I've had mine for over a year and I haven't begun to even scratch the surface ;)
Keep taking pictures, your daughter is adorable!
Making mistakes is one of the best ways to learn. If the flash is on camera flash, there isn't much you can do to get it to look better, on camera flash is bad, avoid it unless you just can't get the picture without it.
Travis
Hi!
Getting used to onboard flash is very difficult. You may try a simple diffuser, made out of- a tissue, a piece of tape, a white deoderant top. There is no great way to get rid of the flash glare, other than diffusing it a bit, is to try maybe setting your flash compensation and dialing it down.
I can imagine the shot you are talking about- but this one is so cute too!
Keep plugging away girl. Your DD is a doll. I don't know if there is a whole lot you can do with the on camera flash, short of putting some wax paper or bubble wrap on it to diffuse it.
Post a Comment