3/15/08

The Meltdown

The great meltdown is here. Spring is just around the corner (although I'm sure we'll get more snow before it arrives!) But, it's warming up enough that things are starting to melt. You can't see grass in most of my yard yet, just on the edges of the sidewalk and here, where water has been pouring out of the gutter. This next week we are supposed to get up to the 40's three days in a row! Now hopefully that will put a dent in our drifts! (And thanks to those who shared in my little laugh from yesterday!)




14 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, I'm sure you are so happy that Spring is starting to show its face! It's always fun to hear things melting after the loooooong winter! Nice shots today!

pat said...

I like these "melties"! I can almost hear the water sounds as the snow melts and collapses. And those shots from yesterday are beyond cute!

Jaime said...

makes me so glad that I live someplace warm now!

Trisha D said...

Oh I'm VERY glad that our snow is gone! We got just a little bit this morning, but it didn't stick! Snow can be beautiful, but I have to admit...I'm WAY tired of seeing it!!

Amy said...

Great shots, I love the splash you caught in the last one!

~*Steffie*~ said...

Very neat pictures. I'm always intrigued by nature covered in ice. I love it when the entire tree is covered in ice at time during the winter and it looks like a glass tree!

Val said...

pretty!

Michelle said...

yeah! love it when the snow melts. now you're on to Mud Season! :)

Angelica said...

love the detail of the ice in your photos! i am so ready for spring as well!! can't wait for warm (not hot) weather every day!

HeyLady said...

The thought of spring is so exciting! Just a few more weeks & we should be there. My tulips were coming up & now are covered under 4 inches of new snow.

Anonymous said...

Snow snow go away! Its so neat that you got it on camera!

Becky said...

I can sooo relate to your post. I did see bare ground over the septic tank, though--that's where it always melts first. Snow yesterday and flurries today, though. These shots are pretty!

periwinkle eye images said...

GREEN - I see it in there! Great macro shots. ML

Donnah Ciempka said...

Wow, cool shots.