1/6/08
an atypical day
Today was supposed to be a day of "wintery mix"... snow, ice, cold. Today I am glad the weather people were wrong... it's 41 degrees out and sunny! I don't even know how long it's been since we've had a sunny day! And 41 in January in northern MN! WOW! I definately can't complain about that! We've got way too much snow on the ground for a real meltdown, but the stuff in the gutters is melting, and the sidewalks and streets that have been plowed are melting. You can even see the tiniest bit of green grass that has been buried under the snow, now peeking through were the gutter has been dripping. Oh, I dream of Spring! Too bad this beautiful weather isn't going to last!
4 comments:
Both are really nice, but my favorite is the first one. I love how you caught the water droplets.
the first one is very cool. Looks like you were a second away from getting a lenseful of ice!
Neat shots! I like how you froze the drops of water in mid-air in the first one! And the 2nd one is symbolic to me- the green grass peeking through the snow- like trying to hold on to that last bit of summer...
That is a lot of melting...that's quite a bit coming out of the gutter. Cool perspective. I don't think I'd have know what that was without you saying so.
Post a Comment